Please note, this page has been archived and is no longer being updated.
The Politics and International Relations Society at Swansea University Students’ Union will hold the next in their series of events on Monday 30th November.
Title: “The Paris Attacks: Domestic and International Consequences”
Swansea University speakers include:
- Dr Luca Trenta, Lecturer in Political and Cultural Studies, College of Arts and Humanities;
- Dr Matthew Wall, Lecturer in Political and Cultural Studies, College of Arts and Humanities;
- Professor Michael Sheehan, Professor of Political and Cultural Studies, College of Arts and Humanities;
- Lloyd Hopkins, a PhD student who will examine the military options that France has;
- David Mair, a PhD student who is investigating terrorist use of social media and psychological warfare.
Date: Monday 30th November
Time: 5:00pm until 7:00pm
Venue: Glyndwr Building, Room B, Swansea University
Admission: Free of charge, all welcome.
The event will be conducted as a panel debate and Q&A session, with the panel of expert speakers above, and will examine:
- Domestic French politics and the impact the attacks will have in the run up to the 2017 French Presidential election;
- The French military, security and foreign policy response to the attacks;
- ISIL, their origins, capabilities and future;
- The US foreign policy response and the connection to Syria.
For further information please contact the Politics and International Relations Society, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Thursday 26 November 2015 00.00 GMT
- Thursday 26 November 2015 15.48 GMT
- Swansea University, Tel: 01792 295050