Please note, this page has been archived and is no longer being updated.
A conference entitled Understanding the Migrant Experience is to be held at Swansea University’s Centre for Migration Policy Research (CMPR).
The conference, on 25th-26th June, will be for postgraduate students researching migration and the experiences of migrants to explore the seminar themes in more detail and to showcase their work.
Professor Heaven Crawley, Director of the CMPR at the College of Science, said: “I hope that the conference will also contribute to broader academic and policy discussions, increasing awareness and understanding of the migrant experience and its importance in policy making and political debates.
“I also invite postgraduate student to submit papers on all aspects of the migrant experience. Papers can be from postgraduate students at all stages of their research, across all academic disciplines and interdisciplinary contributions are particularly welcome.”
The conference themes are:
• What is the ‘migrant experience’? Theorising the concept
• Methodological issues in researching the migrant experience
• The role of gender, age, class and race in shaping ‘the migrant experience’
• The arts as a tool for understanding the experience of migrants
• The politics of representation
• How the migrant experience can inform the policy making process
• Different aspects of migrant experience, for example, the journey, immigration processes, detention and integration
For further information contact Bozena Sojka firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone +44 7890735317 or + 357 99717019
Anyone wanting to submit abstracts should do so by 9th May in the form of a Word document of no more than 300 words and should include the title of your proposed paper and full contact details. Please send proposals to email@example.com
- Monday 30 April 2012 01.00 BST
- Wednesday 25 September 2019 15.00 BST
- Swansea University